Thursday, July 07, 2005

Anxiety Arising

I am so unsure about this world
So perplexed by those
who pillage our entitlement to exist
to go about our lives
Go to work
See our families
Go on dates
Anger infuses every cell in my being
I dont want to see soldiers with machine guns
on my way to work
One in every subway tunnel
Standing so still
you almost think he's a street performer
pretending to be a statue
I dont want to feel like I have to be on guard
I want to be able to read
To listen to music
To have a conversation
I want to be able to live my life
For my friends to live their lives
For everyone to have the right to live their lives
and not have it ripped away by some scumbag
That is so terrified of his or her own cowardice
That he/she chooses to end their life in the same horrific
way they have chosen to conduct their murders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home